www myhealth va gov
Your My HealtheVet coordinator can help you use the VA online portal to manage your appointments and records, refill prescriptions, view your lab and also test results, and communicate with your healthcare team.
Why do I need to create an MHV account?
- Communicate with your provider and nurse via secure messaging
- Refill your medication without waiting on the phone
- View your lab results
- Schedule appointments online
- Update registration updates at the registration office
- View and also print your own VA medical records
Steps to get there:
- Create an account: https://www.myhealth.va.gov/
- Save your username and also password
- Get a premium account (there are two different options for setting up a premium account, see instructions below)
Option 1: You can upgrade your current Basic account to Premium yourself online
Log in to My HealtheVet using your Premium DS Logon or ID.me* account
You may stay prompted to accept the My HealtheVet Terms
Go to the home page, which is next to your name, and also click the Upgrade button
Check the certification box to verify that you are the account owner and also select Continue.
After selecting ‘Continue,’ your account will remain upgraded to Premium
*ID.me: This trusted VA partner meets US online identity verification and authentication requirements. Register using your email address, Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn account. Once you have an ID.me account, you can easily upgrade your My HealtheVet account to Premium.
Option 2: Get a premium account in person
You can obtain a My HealtheVet Premium account in person at the VA medical facility, where you remain a registered patient. You will need to bring a government-issued photo ID. It can be your veteran’s medical card or else, a valid driver’s license.
Access to My VA Health
Where do I sign in to My VA Health? You can access the portal in one of three ways:
My VA Health: https://patientportal.myhealth.va.gov/
My HealtheVet: http://www.myhealth.va.gov/
Am I having trouble signing in to My VA Health or having other issues? Call the My VA Health Help Desk directly at 888-444-6982.
Do I need a new account?
You can still log in to access My VA Health through myhealth.va.gov or VA.gov. However, you must have a Premium My HealtheVet account, a Premium DS Logon account, or an ID.me account.
Likewise, if you have a Basic or Advanced My HealtheVet account, you must upgrade your account to Premium to use My VA Health. Go to https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/web/myhealthevet/upgrading-your-my-healthevet-account-through-in-person-or-online-authentication for a step-by-step process – a guide to upgrading your account.
Preferred web browsers
VA.gov, where you access My VA Health, is not currently compatible with Internet Explorer, which may be the default browser on your Internet access device. For the best patient portal experience, VA recommends using one of the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
How to save My VA Health as a bookmark
On Microsoft Edge, visit https://patientportal.myhealth.va.gov/ and click the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Click on “Favorites”
- Once selected, click “Add this page to.”
- In Chrome, visit https://patientportal.myhealth.va.gov/ and click the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Click the “Bookmarks” button.
- Once selected, click Add this card to bookmarks.
- In Safari, visit https://patientportal.myhealth.va.gov/ and click the “Share” button to the right of the URL bar.
- Select “Add bookmark.”
How to send a “secure message” to your healthcare provider’s team
- Sign in to My VA Health. For the best experience, use Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Safari as your internet browser.
- Click on the “Message” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on “View and send messages.”
- Select “New message.”
You can search for your provider/doctor by entering their name in the To field, which will begin downloading relevant results. Each result will include the provider’s VA facility, first and last name, specialty, and associated healthcare team.
- Write your message and click “Send.”
If you don’t remember your provider’s name, you can find your doctor/provider’s name in the patient information section of My VA Health:
- Click the drop-down menu, which is at the right of your name in the top right corner of the page.
- Click on “Patient Information.”
Your provider’s name remains in the “Medical Contacts” section at the bottom of the “Patient Information” list.
How to restore recipes (if you don’t have any refills yet)
When you select “Refill” for a drug that is not refillable, a window will open with the message “Prescription Renewal.” You can send a refill request to your provider and/or care team here.
Use the drop-down menu under “Whom do you want to send this request to” to specify to whom you want to send the request.
You can also enter the reason for the renewal, the quantity required, and other comments.
After choosing how you want to remain contacted, click “Send.”
Other ways to supplement a prescription
Join the Jonathan M. Wainwright VA “Automated Refill Line” to refill your prescriptions by dialing 509-525-5200, selecting option 1, and following the prompts.
Contact your provider team at 509-535-5200 and select option 2 and option 2 again.
Ask for refills and renewals during appointments with your provider.
Review www myhealth va gov.